Education Support Professionals
As an educational support professional, you are a key player on the education team that prepares Missouri’s children for the future. Without you, kids wouldn’t get extra help and attention, the bell wouldn’t ring, the buses wouldn’t run, the budgets wouldn’t get finalized, the phones wouldn’t get answered, nutritious meals wouldn’t be served and classrooms wouldn’t be safe and clean. Without you, education wouldn’t happen.
But these days it’s getting harder and harder to do your job. School budgets are stretched to the breaking point, and you’re expected to do more with less. Missouri NEA knows what you’re up against and keeps you connected to your profession, to your peers, and to your community.
You have Missouri NEA and NEA behind you, supporting you with training, advocacy, and money-saving programs.
Education support professionals can be found in nine main job categories:
- Clerical Services
- Custodial and Maintenance
- Food Services
- Health and Student Services
- Security Services
- Skilled Trades
- Technical Services
- Transportation Services
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Missouri NEA's Legal team and UniServ program consists of professional staff who are dedicated to advocating for MNEA members and public education. UniServ directors assist MNEA members and local associations with organizing, collective bargaining, grievances and event planning. With five offices across the state, you can easily find a UniServ office in your area.
No other organization matches Missouri NEA's experience and expertise. Your MNEA membership helps you gain more respect because you have the support of the largest, most effective union in the country to help you with all the following:
- Tough and effective representation in grievances
- Help in winning better pay, working conditions, job safety, and health benefits
- Assistance to help your negotiations team bargain the very best possible salaries and working conditions
- Leadership training
- Support from MNEA professional staff, helping you and your local association help yourselves
- $4 million professional liability insurance protection in your employment
- Publications specially geared to give you the information you want and need
- Lobbying for increased school budgets to get you the training and support you need, as well as the job security, retirement benefits, and protection you deserve
- Expert legal assistance and liability protection in job-related problems
- Workshops and access to professional development opportunities
- A voice in Association decision making and representation on committees
Educations Support Professionals deserve to be respected every day. However, there are a few days during the year that ESP deserve special recognition.
- National ESP Day
- National School Counseling Week
- School Nurses Day
- American Education Week
- Women's History and Diversity Month Posters
Recognition & Awards
Missouri NEA is proud to say we hold an ESP seat on the National Education Association Board of Directors. In 2020, NEA St. Louis Nurse-Member Carmen Hill was elected as an At-Large ESP NEA Board Director.
Join the Organization Working for You
Missouri NEA membership is your ticket to a wide array of benefits that help you provide the best possible education for Missouri’s students and give you the financial advantage that comes with the buying power of the 3-million-member NEA. Download the brochure and Proud to be an ESP flyer to find out more about the benefits every member enjoys. Here are some of the highlights.
- Advocacy & Representation
- Big Money-Saving Discounts on
- Cell Phones & Computers
- Renters/Homeowners Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Travel, Dining & Entertainment
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Magazines
- Personal Finance Assistance
- Money Markets and Savings Accounts
- Credit Cards
- Subscribe to the MNEA ESP email list.
- Join the ESP Facebook Group.
- Follow @NEArESPect on Twitter.
- Get involved with the National Council for Education Support Professionals (NCESP).
- For more great resources visit the NEA at www.nea.org/esp.