We are the present. We are the future.
The MNEA Aspiring Educators Program, an affiliate of the NEA Aspiring Educators program, is the leading voice for the next generation of educators. Over 50,000 members in 1,100 college campus chapters across the nation belong to the program, which began as the Student National Education Association in 1937 and eventually became part of the National Education Association as the NEA Student Program. The new name "Aspiring Educators" reflects the passion, commitment, and vision of members who believe in public education and its potential to uplift individuals, families, and communities.
Learn more about Aspiring Educators by visiting www.nea.org.
Missouri NEA Headquarters
1810 E Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
Aspiring Educators Program Chair
Allie Rodgers, Student-Westminster College
Organize a chapter on your campus
Are you a college student passionate about entering your career in education? Do you want to meet and network with others on your campus, around the state and nation who share your passion? Learn more about organizing an MNEA-AE chapter on your campus by contacting MNEA's AE Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an education leader and advocate
MNEA has a number of ways for college students to get involved in the Association. Your energy and voice matter.
- Attend MNEA R.A.s.
- Attend trainings to prepare for your career
- Become an Education Advocate at the capitol
- Team up with a recently retired member
- Become a mentor to a high-school student
JOIN MNEA-ASPIRING EDUCATORS TO JUMP START YOUR EDUCATION CAREER
What are the top reasons to join?
- Scholarship opportunities that only MNEA-Aspiring Educators are eligible for.
- Legal Protection you can count on. $4 million in damages and additional payment for legal fees for most civil and some criminal lawsuits arising out of job-related incidents and a free one-hour consultation with an attorney for personal legal matters.
- Great opportunity to become a leader in your local, state & national associations.
- Publications to assist you as you begin your career in education
- Start Smart, a beginning teacher handbook
- Salary Benchmarks & Rankings, a comparison of school district salaries in Missouri
- Something Better, MNEA's award-winning magazine
- NEA Today
- Big savings to more than 300,000 locations throughout the nation, state, and community.
- $20 student dues rebate for every year you were enrolled in Aspiring Educators when you join an NEA affiliate after graduation.