Become an Education Advocate
Commit to being an Advocate in your legislative district.
MNEA’s new Education Advocate program seeks members who will be a contact person to their respective State House or Senate members on public education issues. MNEA’s Government Relations department will pair members with their legislators and provide information, talking points, and resources to conduct important legislative outreach throughout the year.
In recent years, public education has seen unprecedented threats including:
- Loss of TENURE
- More cuts to SCHOOL FUNDING
- Limiting our constitutional right to COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
- Banning PAYROLL DEDUCTION for dues and PAC
- MERIT PAY based on student test scores
- PSRS rollbacks
- Statewide OPEN ENROLLMENT
- Expanding CHARTER SCHOOLS statewide with no accountability
You don't have to be an expert on legislation or all the issues. Because you are a public education employee, and know about your public education experience, you already are an Education Advocate! Just take the next step and sign up with the MNEA Education Advocates Program.
To learn more about how to get involved with MNEA and how to become your own best advocate, contact Political Director Elizabeth Zerr at email@example.com or (573) 644-9610.