Higher Education Professionals
A Strong United Voice.
Missouri NEA is an affiliate of the National Education Association. NEA is the largest college and university faculty and staff organization in the United States, representing more than 115,000 higher education personnel. MNEA is the leading voice for education and educators in Missouri, representing hundreds of Missouri’s higher education professionals and adjuncts.
Missouri NEA helps our members:
- Supplement and enhance collegial governance on campus
- Improve compensation and economic security
- Exercise due process rights through the grievance and arbitration processes
- Protect academic freedom
- Lobby the legislature on higher education issues
- Obtain legal assistance
- Assure quality of the profession
- Establish strong local associations
At the Capitol
MNEA membership gives you a voice in policymaking and decisions that improve and fund educational institutions, reduce class sizes, ensure safe schools, secure technology resources, protect your retirement and the education profession, and expand community involvement in schools. In addition, MNEA delivers:
- Full-time lobbyists working on your behalf in the Missouri legislature and U.S. Congress.
- Online Legislative Action Center, which makes communication about education issues with your legislators easy.
- Daily and weekly state legislative updates when legislators are in session
- Campaigns to elect pro-education lawmakers and work to defeat dangerous ballot issues
At Your Institution
MNEA membership provides an avenue for voicing your concerns about issues of importance at your institution. Local associations advocate for improvements in the conditions in which you work. They work to enhance your working environment so you can be your best for your students. Through bargaining and advocating with the administration governing boards, local affiliates work to make changes to policies and procedures that enhance the learning environments at Missouri higher education institutions.
MNEA Higher Education Conference
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
777 Casino Center Dr.
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Registration Deadline: Sept. 25
Missouri NEA IN-PERSON Conference, especially for Education Support Professionals, Higher Education, and Aspiring Educators. The conference will be held at the Hollywood Casino in Maryland Heights, MO on Sat., Oct. 1, 2022.
MNEA is so excited to host a conference that will address the training needs and issues of public-school ESP such as nurses, aides, paraprofessionals, custodians, bus drivers, grounds and maintenance staff, higher education faculty and adjuncts, and college students aspiring to become educators. Enjoy getting to know members from around the state who hold the same position as you. Attend sessions and listen to speakers from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with a break for a complimentary lunch.
MNEA staff and leaders will be in attendance to answer your questions and get you pumped for another school year!
Please contact Pam Koetting (email@example.com) at (573) 644-9601 if you have any questions about your registration.
JOIN THE ORGANIZATION WORKING FOR YOU
Missouri NEA membership is your ticket to a wide array of benefits that help you provide the best possible education for Missouri’s students and give you the financial advantage that comes with the buying power of the 3-million-member NEA. Download the brochure to find out more about the benefits every member enjoys. Here are some of the highlights.
- Advocacy & Representation
- Big Money-Saving Discounts on
- Cell Phones & Computers
- Renters/Homeowners Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Travel, Dining & Entertainment
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Magazines
- Personal Finance Assistance
- Money Markets and Savings Accounts
- Credit Cards