Active education employees
(Teachers, Education Support & Higher Education Professionals)
Why Join Missouri NEA? (download brochure)
MNEA membership is open to all education employees who work in preK-12 public education, and in public or private higher education institutions. The dues for active education employees in Missouri are based on the average teacher salary in the district where you work; dues for higher education members are based on the Missouri average teacher salary. Numerous payment options make MNEA dues easy to pay. You can pay by payroll deduction in many school districts, by monthly deductions from your bank account, by credit card or by a one-time annual check payment.
New MNEA member?
Join MNEA for the first time as a teacher, education support professional or higher education professional. New education employees are eligible for reduced dues.The online enrollment forms are for individuals who have never been professional members of MNEA before. If you were an MNEA-Student member, you can use these form to join as an active education employee.
Join online during early enrollment for 2017-2018 school year >>
- Join online for the 2016-2017 school year >>
- Or, complete, print and mail the membership form (pdf) to the MNEA regional office that serves your area.
Already an MNEA member?
If you were an MNEA member in the past or you are a current member and need to transfer your membership to a different local association because you are now working in another school district, please contact MNEA at 1-800-392-0236 or you can print a membership form, complete and mail it to the MNEA office in your region.
Members of MNEA can choose to change their payment option to either bank draft or credit card by either calling your regional office or completing online eDues enrollment. You will need your NEA ID number. Don't have your NEA ID number handy? There are three ways to get it.
- Find it on the address label of your Something Better or NEA Today magazine.
- Log in MNEA.org and click on "My Profile" in the upper right corner. You will find your NEA ID number in the current contact information section.
- Call the MNEA office in your area.
Retired from education
Why Join MNEA-Retired? (download brochure)
Former teachers and other education employees who have retired from active education employment are encouraged to join MNEA as Retired members to stay connected and maintain benefits. Active members can join MNEA-Retired as pre-retired lifetime members at any time during their career. Upon retirement, your lifetime retired membership will be activated.
Retired membership allows you to:
- Stay informed and proactive on MNEA and NEA political and legislative efforts to protect your retirement benefits (PSRS/PEERS and social security) and other retired issues.
- Continue your employment liability insurance coverage if you decide to substitute at school (up to 550 hours).
- Stay connected with fellow NEA colleagues and programs across the state and nation.
- Receive two 30-minute sessions and a 30 percent discount on legal assistance on personal issues such as wills and estate planning, real estate, consumer protection, domestic relations and traffic violations.
- Access group discounts and valuable benefits on insurance (auto, home, life, dental, long-term care and Medicare supplements), loans, credit cards, travel and hotels, savings and investments, wireless phone plans, local and nationwide dining and shopping opportunities, and on a host of everyday purchases and services!
To join MNEA-Retired, contact Pam Koetting at (800) 392-0236 for all your payment options or join online as an MNEA-Retired Life member with a one-time payment using your debit/credit card. All retired MNEA members--whether they initially joined as Pre-Retired Life, Retired Life or Retired Annual members--are members of MNEA-Retired and NEA-Retired. If you choose not to join online, you may complete the MNEA-Retired membership form (pdf) and mail it with payment to Missouri NEA, Attn: Pam Koetting, 1810 E Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
More information about MNEA-Retired >>
College student majoring in education
Why Join the NEA Student Program? (download brochure)
Students in Missouri community colleges, colleges and universities who are studying to be teachers are eligible to join Missouri NEA for $17 for the 2016-17 school year. If you join MNEA after graduation, you are eligible for a $20 rebate for every year you were a MNEA-Student member. To join MNEA as a student member, contact your MNEA Student chapter on campus, contact Sharon Fortner at 1-800-404-9365, print and mail in an application or join online.
More information about the MNEA student program.