CHEER Grant Application
Request for Assistance
Caring Help for Education Endeavors by Retirees was formed by Missouri NEA-Retired to be a public service by enhancing the learning conditions of Missouri's children. CHEER provides opportunities for MNEA-Retired members to reach out to public school district employees and provide financial and material resources.
- Complete the Missouri NEA-Retired CHEER Grant Application form online using the form below or print and mail it to Missouri NEA-Retired, Attn: Olivia Compton, 1810 East Elm St, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
- Applications must be received by Feb. 1 each year to be considered. Applications received after Feb. 1 will be considered for the following year.
- Applications will be reviewed in February each year.
- Approved applicants and their sponsors will be notified around March 15 of the funds awarded.
- The applicant will be expected to make the purchase(s) and provide receipt(s) by the end of the school year to receive the grant funds.
- Sponsors will be expected to deliver the grant check and submit a picture(s) of the presentation to the Missouri NEA-Retired Communications Chair for publicity.
- Sponsors and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit photos of students enjoying the project to the Missouri NEA-Retired Communications Chair.
- Applicant must be a current Missouri NEA Active member.
- Sponsor must be a current Missouri NEA-Retired member.
- Grant application must be complete.
- Project description should include specific items to be purchased and/or costs to be incurred to complete the project.
- Applicants may be contacted by Missouri NEA-Retired CHEER Chair if the application is unclear or if more information is required.
Examples of Worthy Projects
- Workroom renovations.
- Educator classroom setup needs, school supplies, teaching tools.
- Buddy pack supplies such as food, snacks, school supplies, etc.
- Adopt a library.
- Field trips.
- Books, games and furniture.
- Support staff needs.