Contact Your UniServ Director
Although the $4 million Educator Employment Liability (EEL) policy offers valuable liability coverage, educators often need help with other job-protection matters. UniServ directors, Missouri NEA's field staff, are the front-line defense team for Association members. As full-time trained professionals, UniServ directors are available 12 months a year to assist individual members and local associations in dealing with a wide range of problems.
There is no charge to members for UniServ assistance. It is another important benefit of Association membership.
Need help with a situation?
With six offices across the state, you can easily find a UniServ office in your area. Call your UniServ director at the first hint of trouble. Many situations can be resolved informally in the early stages with an experienced advocate by your side.
- Always ask the agenda and who will be present when told to attend a meeting with an administrator or supervisor.
- Know the evaluation process and steps to be followed. (Is it different for probationary and tenured teachers?)
- Before you agree to anything or before you resign, seek advice from a Missouri NEA representative or attorney.
- Ask for any disciplinary information or directives in writing.
- Know your district’s timelines for filing grievances and the evaluation appeal process.
- Call your UniServ director or your regional MNEA office immediately if you are:
You must be a member to view the information on this page. If you haven't logged in already, please log in below. If you need your NEA ID, please contact the MNEA Regional Office in your area or find it on your last issue of In the Loop or Something Better.