Tuesday evenings June 22 - August 3, 2021
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITIES
Before you register, click here and read complete Cultivating Socially Just Environments MC requirements.
Registration Deadline: June 15, 2021
Optional Graduate Credit:
After you receive your digital badge, enroll in Baker University to receive your graduate credit.
What is a Micro-Credential? An MC is a short, competency-based recognition that allows an educator to demonstrate mastery in a particular area/skill. Educators collect evidence of proficiency in a specific area by working on their own, individual projects designed to impact their professional practice.
- MNEA members can submit their MC digital badge to Baker University and get one hour of graduate credit for $80.
- An MC is not a traditional course, and similarly, neither is an MC PLC facilitated in that manner.
- MCs are self-directed, project-based professional development.
- An MC usually takes up to 15 hours to complete.
- Upon successful completion of the MC, a digital badge is awarded by NEA in partnership with Digital Promise that shows the earner’s name and the rubric used to earn the MC.
- The MC digital badge is sharable and can be submitted to the employer, can be added to resumes, placed on social media, etc.
- An educator who submits the required MC artifacts receives written feedback from the MC assessors if the submission is not awarded the digital badge on the first attempt.
What are the advantages of participating in a Micro-Credential PLC?
- NEA-trained facilitators lead 30 to 60-minute weekly support meetings via zoom.
- During the PLC, a facilitator guides you through the MC enrollment and submission process.
- Educators participating in an MC PLC are more likely to earn their digital badge the first time!
- Online and no-cost resources are provided to help an educator learn more about the topic.
- The PLC provides multiple opportunities for peer feedback and discussion about the requirements to earn the MC.
Learn more about NEA Micro-Credentials (including NEA’s Micro-Credential video)
View all Micro-Credentials on NEA Certification Bank - Click on “Browse”
If you have questions, email Laurie.Bernskoetter@mnea.org or call her at (573) 644-9623.