Conferences & Workshops
MNEA Online Training
Missouri NEA's online training series offers a number of free or low cost live online webinars. This service is exclusive to MNEA members.
NEA's library of classroom tips searchable by topic. Subscribers receive a weekly electronic newsletter with two practical classroom tips.
NEA Academy OnDemand
Nationally recognized researches focus on a variety of teacher quality and public education issues. Free online presentations last up to one hour.
This program features online classes such as Making Diversity Count, Managing Asthma in the School Environment, and The 5 Practices of Highly Effective Classrooms. Courses are appropriate for learning communities. Some courses are free to members, some have a modest fee and some have a graduate-credit option.
The following workshops are available for your local association or school district. Please call the MNEA Teaching & Learning office at 1-800-392-0236 for more information.
- Autism: Useful Techniques and Instructional Strategies
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Best Practices for Peer Observations
- CARE Strategies for Closing Achievement Gaps
- Dealing with Classroom Behavior Issues
- Effective Parent-Teacher Conferences
- English Language Learners: Strategies for the Regular Classroom
- Introduction to National Board Certification
- Mentoring New Teachers
- Professional Development Committee Training
- Student Growth Scores and Teacher Evaluations: Pitfalls and Possibilities
- True Colors
- Truth in Labeling: Disproportionality in Special Education