Vote for NEA Convention Delegates
This is your opportunity to select those individuals who will represent you at the NEA R.A. in Washington, D.C. in July 2016. You may vote for up to 2 candidates. You must be logged in the MNEA Members Only site to vote. After you log in, click on "Vote in MNEA elections," under the Issue & Action tab or click the link below. Voting continues through April 9.
Vote for MNEA-Student NEA R.A. delegate >>
Run for an MNEA-Student officer position
Declarations will be taken until April 1 online.
Now until April 1, 2016, you can declare you candidacy to run for office for the MNEA-Student Association. There will be an online election for the following one-year positions
- Student Program Chair
- Student Program Vice Chair
- Student Secretary
- Student Director on the MNEA Board
- Student Advisory Committee (one position per local association)
Complete the online declaration of candidacy form by April 1 to have your name included on the ballot.
Declare your candidacy now >>
Top ten reasons to join the MNEA-Student Program
10) Legal Protection you can count on. $4 million in damages and additional payment for legal fees for most civil and some criminal lawsuits arising out of job-related incidents and a free one-hour consultation with an attorney for personal legal matters.
9) Email listservs and Facebook fan page allow you to communicate with your peers, get answers from experienced teachers and receive Works4Me, a weekly email with practical classroom tips.
8) Great opportunity to become a leader in your local, state & national associations.
7) Learn from the best at the MNEA Student Academy.
6) Publications to assist you as you begin your career in education — Start Smart, a beginning teacher handbook; Salary Benchmarks & Rankings, a comparison of school district salaries in Missouri; Something Better, MNEA's award-winning magazine; Show Me Education, published by students for students; NEA Today and Tomorrow’s Teachers.
5) Big savings to more than 300,000 locations throughout the nation, state and community.
4) $20 rebate for every year you were an MNEA-Student member when you join MNEA after graduation.
3) Learn and grow with peers from across the state.
2) A voice at the Capitol representing children and public schools.
1) Jumpstart your teaching career.
To join the MNEA Student Program, contact your campus MNEA chapter or join online.
Support Our Students
Missouri NEA is offering the chance for MNEA members to
sponsor a future teacher and potential union member to help aspiring educators
begin their careers with the benefits of MNEA membership. If you are interested
in SOS program, contact MNEA
Organizing Director Stephanie Price at Stephanie.Price@mnea.org.
Financial and career resources
- U.S. Department of Education - www.college.gov - a new Web site that aims to motivate students with inspirational stories and information about planning, preparing and paying for college.
- EEOC's Youth@Work Web site - The program is designed for youth by youth to teach you about your real world rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- TEACHnow.org - Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim's documentary, TEACH, chronicles four young teachers as they survive their first-year of teaching in America's toughest schools. Watch online.