Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
Registration ends Jan. 31. Register now.
If you are an officer of the Missouri NEA local on your campus, or want to be a leader in the future, we want you to come to the MNEA-Student Leadership Academy. You will receive training on the various aspects of leadership in your local. Lunch will be provided, and this event is free. Contact Grace Garland at Grace.Garland@mnea.org 888-968-4820 to register or register online.
NEA Convention Declaration of Candidacy
The number of delegates allocated for MNEA-Student group will be determined based on the number of student members in the state. Only student members may nominate, vote for and serve as student delegates. Contact Stephanie Price if you are a MNEA-Student member and interested in becoming a delegate or click the link below to declare with the online form.
MNEA-Student Declaration of Candidacy Form (deadline March 14, 2016)
Top ten reasons to join the MNEA-Student Program
10) Legal Protection you can count on. $4 million in damages and additional payment for legal fees for most civil and some criminal lawsuits arising out of job-related incidents and a free one-hour consultation with an attorney for personal legal matters.
9) Email listservs and Facebook fan page allow you to communicate with your peers, get answers from experienced teachers and receive Works4Me, a weekly email with practical classroom tips.
8) Great opportunity to become a leader in your local, state & national associations.
7) Learn from the best at the MNEA Student Academy.
6) Publications to assist you as you begin your career in education — Start Smart, a beginning teacher handbook; Salary Benchmarks & Rankings, a comparison of school district salaries in Missouri; Something Better, MNEA's award-winning magazine; Show Me Education, published by students for students; NEA Today and Tomorrow’s Teachers.
5) Big savings to more than 300,000 locations throughout the nation, state and community.
4) $20 rebate for every year you were an MNEA-Student member when you join MNEA after graduation.
3) Learn and grow with peers from across the state.
2) A voice at the Capitol representing children and public schools.
1) Jumpstart your teaching career.
To join the MNEA Student Program, contact your campus MNEA chapter or join online.
Support Our Students
Missouri NEA is offering the chance for MNEA members to
sponsor a future teacher and potential union member to help aspiring educators
begin their careers with the benefits of MNEA membership. If you are interested
in SOS program, contact MNEA
Organizing Director Stephanie Price at Stephanie.Price@mnea.org.
Financial and career resources
- U.S. Department of Education - www.college.gov - a new Web site that aims to motivate students with inspirational stories and information about planning, preparing and paying for college.
- EEOC's Youth@Work Web site - The program is designed for youth by youth to teach you about your real world rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- TEACHnow.org - Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim's documentary, TEACH, chronicles four young teachers as they survive their first-year of teaching in America's toughest schools. Watch online.